LUX BROADCAST Satruday, April 24 at 7:00 AZ (7pm PDT/ 8 pm MDT/ 9pm CDT…
This week’s composer spotlight features Brent Michael Davids! His “Native American Suite” will be featured in our upcoming “Desert Song” concerts on March 7-8. In this edition of ChoirTap, we will be doing a quick list of fun facts about this renowned Native American composer.
- He is both a composer and a flutist.
- He is a member of the Stockbridge Mohican tribe of American Indians.
- He has composed for many distinguished groups including Joffrey Ballet, Kronos Quartet and the National Symphony Orchestra.
- He got his Masters in music composition here in the Valley at Arizona State University!
- His musical experience stretches past the concert scene, having composed music for films such as “The Music of Fancydancing” and “The Last of the Mohicans.”
- His native Mohican name is Blue Butterfly.
- He was born in Madison, Wisconsin and now resides in Saint Paul, Minnesota.
- He was one of only six composers invited to Robert Redford’s Sundance Institute for composing.
- He founded the music company Blue Butterfly Group.
- The Phoenix Chorale will sing his highly praised work “Native American Suite” this March with Platinum artist R. Carlos Nakai!
Come out March 7-8 and hear the Phoenix Chorale singers perform works of not only Brent Michael Davids, but many other talented composers as well, and a solo performance by R. Carlos Nakai from his Platinum album Canyon Trilogy.
Samantha Allen, Marketing and Communications Intern